Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Packing, packing...

Hey guys! Just wanted to keep you posted on what I'm doing while I'm away. As of right now this is a completely rudimentary blog - and as of right now I have nothing particularly interesting to say because it hasn't quite hit me that I'm going to be on a plane in less than two days.

I have not packed. I have not printed my ticket. I HAVE figured out that the giant sinkhole in the city is nowhere near where I'm going to be working, and doesn't seem to effect my plans. Hopefully I will get to help a bit with the clean-up effort while I'm there, and maybe see a still spewing volcano.

Packing list:
bug spray
work clothes
a million pairs of underwear
bathing suits
4 sundresses
2 pairs of shorts
6 Tees
socks
flip flops
no hiking shoes - I need new ones anyhow and I think I'll purchase some while I'm there if I need them
work shoes (2 pairs)
Books - in spanish and english
iPod
Computadora

...you get the idea. Is there anything that I'm missing? I just learned today that there is a cooking school in Antigua and I think I'm going to sign up for classes for the days immediately before I leave. I'm really glad my mom bought me a travel book because I've been too stressed to think about it, but now that I have one I am pouring over it....

-Meagz

1 comments:

Ali said...

Make sure you have proper bedding...and towels(if you need to bring them that is!) Hope you have fun and don't encounter any sinkholes!