Friday, June 25, 2010

I will rock your face off

Just got back from a really bad hair-metal show. Its not that the musicians were bad, they were actually really talented (except for the first drummer - why is there a derth of good drummers out there? Sometimes I feel I could do better, and my drumming experience amounts to Rock Band II), but I felt like I was transported back in time to 1986. Or someones garage band from highschool except with more skill. There were smoke machines and everything, and the name of the bar was Bad attitude.

But then a funk band came on out of nowhere and all was right with the universe.

Raul is my very best Guatemalan friend. He asked me on the way home what the heck I was doing in Guatemala, in this boring city, when I've been to Paris and Prague and Tuscany. And I just laughed and said the people were beautiful, and that is all that mattered. It is true. He may be one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. Manuel and Boris and Ligia too. I hope that when I get home we keep in touch.

0 comments: